Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Support Your Local Artists!


   Today you are receiving a short lecture:

     Support the people who are brave enough to pay for a chance to exhibit their best work!  We are working for free, until one of you makes a purchase.
   Musicians work for free at open mics for years, I know that.  Are they asked to pay for that chance? NO. Are musicians and performers constantly  asked to give away the songs, stories, plays that they have written?  It may sound like sour grapes, but artists are.
    Do people think that singers and performers and writers should be grateful that  their work is publicly shown without any recompense?  Artists are expected to do so.
   Being an artist is my choice, but I don't expect the plumber (a talent in his/her own right) to work without reward. My paper carrier gets a holiday tip. The lawn crew gets paid.  Consider artists another hard-working professional group - PLEASE!

I'm just saying.   

No comments: